FINALLY!! I can share it properly and make it my Cube of the Day!!
You’ve seen it already – I don’t care! So happy it is complete, I could make it the Cube of the Day every day this week!!
I won’t. But I could…
It’s been a long time coming. If you don’t know – I bought this a while back on eBay. It was SUPER cheap, £10 plus shipping. Only problem – it was disassembled. But the seller promised all parts were there.
It was delivered. I began.
I started by installing the small, internal pieces. This took a long time – I have big hands and fingers and really struggled to get them all in at the same time, but I guessed they would provide some stability.
As I put some in, I knocked some more out. This went on for a while. Finally I got to the last couple of sets and then realised one of the pieces was missing….
I emailed the seller to check if he had it anywhere. No joy. I started trying to find one online. A long search found that The Cubicle had spare parts for it. In panic, mode – I ordered one.
In hindsight, this should have triggered an alarm and made me check the rest of the pieces were there. But no. Too stupid. I ordered one, single piece for about $18. Shipping was so expensive. But I wanted to build it. Desperately.
The Cubicle took a while to post it, but when they did, the actual journey was super quick. AND just to be sure I had the right piece, they sent me a set of all four internal pieces. I wanted to kiss them!
I got the whole internal structure complete. Then began on the outer pieces. This took a while – I didn’t really figure out which went together – just kept hunting for each, individual piece.
When I got my act together and figured out which went together and where, the pace picked up.
I was racing through. Before I know it, I was left with the last layer.
But bad luck struck again. By some coincidence, Red was missing a piece. As I found out when I got right to the end.
Sadly, I went back to The Cubicle again. Ordered the last piece and waited.
Down to the final few pieces. I was expecting to have to take a lot out, but in a rather anti-climactic turn of events, the thing was finished in about two minutes!
I haven’t got my money back from eBay yet, but that’s next on the list.
Anyway, here it is in all its scrambled glory:
I am amazed to say how well this turns. I thought it was going to be a dog, but I lunes it as I built it. Did one solve last week and it moves SO WELL. Very happy with this cube.
Ps – I definitely won’t get this solved in a lunchtime, but that’s ok!